Author: Ron Graham
This lesson is from Philippians 3:8 to 4:9 and is in the form of a list. It is a list of things we share as Christians, but it doubles as a list of reasons why it is so silly for Christians to squabble with one another. Now that surprised you, didn't it?
I originally made this lesson as a sermon where I did all the thinking and talking. But now I'd rather see you do the thinking and talking, because that way you'll get more out of the study. You may find some other points to discuss. You may also prefer to combine some of the points as one idea.
1. All know and love Jesus (Philippians 3:8,10).
2. All equally righteous by faith in Christ (Philippians 3:9).
3. All have the same goal (Philippians 3:10-14).
4. All have the same attitude (Philippians 3:15).
5. All trying not to backslide (Philippians 3:16).
6. All follow the same pattern (Philippians 3:17).
7. All comrades (not enemies) of the cross (Philippians 3:18-19 cf 4:2).
8. All citizens of heaven (Philippians 3:20).
9. All have the same hope of the resurrection (Philippians 3:16).
10. All beloved brethren (Philippians 4:1).
11. All are of the same mind in the Lord (Philippians 4:2).
12. All struggle in the gospel (Philippians 4:3a).
13. All our names are in the book of life (Philippians 4:3b).
14. All want happiness (Philippians 4:4).
15. All being watched by others (Philippians 4:5a).
16. All being watched by the Lord (Philippians 4:5b).
17. All pray to the same God (Philippians 4:6).
18. All want peace of mind (Philippians 4:6-7).
19. All think the same way (Philippians 4:8).
20. All been taught the same doctrine (Philippians 4:9).