Author: Ron Graham
This page continues to study Matthew chapter 5 and the Sermon on the Mount, presenting puzzles and quizzes for your enjoyment in learning.
|C R O S S W O R D|
|By Ron Graham (C) 2013|
2. Prayer at an end.
6. Thought won't add a cubit to it.
7. Love will do this over an enemy.
8. Evil comes from the ----- person.
11. Fill the hungry.
13. Vain repetitions.
14. Blessed --- the merciful.
15. Happens between enemies but love ends it.
16. Who follows the broad way?
17. Printer’s measure (plural)
18. Let your --- be ---.
1. When Jesus was seated, his -------- ---- to him (two words).
3. Where did Jesus go when he saw the multitudes?
4. Jesus wants -- ---- in our thoughts, words, and deeds (two words).
5. Commonly used in persecution.
9. Might need this to catch a fish for your son.
10. In hell fire this isn't possible.
12. Ancestor of the priests who tend the altar.
1D=disciples came, 2A=amen, 3D=mountain, 4D=no evil, 5D=false witness, 6A=stature, 7A=prevail, 8A=inner, 9D=net, 10D=escape, 11A=sate, 12D=Aaron, 13A=cant, 14A=are, 15A=war, 16A=most, 17A=ens, 18A=yes.
Using Matthew 5, rate these statements as True or False...
1. The darkness in which our light shines is sin
2. In any divorce someone has sinned.
3. The Law would remain till the end of the world.
4. There is such a thing as good anger.
5. We should fight back when ill treated.
6. The Christian’s reward is on this earth.
Read the quote, and decide the answer you think is most correct to fill in the blank.
1. “Blessed are the _______ in spirit” A. Pure, B. Poor, C. Quiet, D. True.
2. “I came not to destroy but to _______” A. fulfil, B. ratify, C. amend, D. revive.
3. “_______ your enemies” A. tolerate B. repay, C. love, D. rebuke,
4. “Be _______ as your heavenly Father is” A. good B. perfect, C. wise, D. holy.
5. “Hunger and thirst for _______” A. peace, B. love, C. righteousness, D. truth.
6. “Be _______ to your brother” A. nice, B. fair, C. meek, D. reconciled.
7. “Unless your righteousness _______ that of the Pharisees” A. equals, B. approaches, C. imitates, D. exceeds.
8. “God sends _______ on the just and the unjust” A. rain, B. light, C. blessing, D. tribulation.
In Matthew 5:16 Jesus says that we should let people see our good works, yet in Matthew 6:1 he says not to practice our righteousness before people to be seen by them.Is this a contradiction?
If our good works, seen by others, are going to cause them to glorify and praise the God of Heaven, then we should not hide our light under a bowl (Matthew 5:14-15).
However, if we are trying to draw attention to ourselves, and get praise for ourselves by doing good, then as Jesus says we have no reward from God (Matthew 6:1-4).
So there are times to do good out in the open so that people will glorify God, and there are times to do good in secret so people won't give glory to us. Wisdom is to know the difference.