Outline of Isaiah Chapters 60, 61, 62 —Songs of joy; the dawn of glory
This page provides an outline of Isaiah chapters 60, 61, and 62. The complete outline of Isaiah is spread over several lessons.
1 Context Overview
Chapters 52-66 of Isaiah take up the theme of 51, "Awake! Awake!"
The chapters speak of hope in Christ the Redeemer, the glory of his coming kingdom, and of principles followed by those who hope to enter that new Zion —penitence, faithfulness, justice, mercy, wisdom, and integrity.
In the last four chapters of his book, Isaiah makes a prayer to God, and God replies.
2 The glory of God comes to Zion (Isaiah 60-62)
The hope of heaven
1. The dawn of glory (Isaiah 60:1-3
2. The great ingathering (Isaiah 60:4-14).
3. Heaven where God is the light (Isaiah 60:15-22).
The Messiah's song of joy and gladness
1. The Lord has anointed me to bring good news (Isaiah 61:1-3).
2. Everlasting joy will be theirs (Isaiah 61:4-9).
3. My soul will exult in God (Isaiah 61:10-11).
Lo, your salvation comes!
1. Called by a new name (Isaiah 62:1-5).
2. The oath God has sworn by his own strong arm (Isaiah 62:6-9).
3. Lo your salvation comes! Behold his reward is with him! (Isaiah 62:10-12).
Next Outlinecovers Isaiah chapters 63, 64, 65, and 66—Isaiah’s prayer and God’s reply. God speaks of the final things in the distant future, of heaven and of hell.