Author: Ron Graham
The Seal of God
The ideas for this series of lessons are fairly complex, but this page provides an introductory chart that will get us off to a good start.
Introduction to the Seal of God Lessons
1. One main text
Our lessons are built around the following text...
¶“13In him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth,the gospel of your salvation. 14In him also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession to the praise of his glory” (Ephesians 1:13-14).
2. Two Grand Themes
Our lessons revolve around two different but related topics (Ephesians 1:13-14)...
- (1) The security of the saints
"...the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession..."
- (2) The gift of the Holy Spirit. "...having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit..."
3. Three Actions of God
We are going to learn that God has confirmed his promise to all his heirs by an oath and by a seal. So there are three distinct actions of God that we are considering...
- (1) The promise that God has made regarding Christ (2Peter 1:2-4)
- (2) The oath by which he confirmed the promise (Hebrews 6:17-20)
- (3) The seal by which he guarantees the promise (Ephesians 1:13-14)
4. Four Key Questions
Our lessons try to answer these important questions...
- (1) What is the seal of God?
- (2) Who are the sealed?
- (3) When are they sealed?
- (4) Can they break the seal?