Author: Ron Graham
Seek Peace and Pursue It
The relationship between happiness and peace hardly needs explanation. We all understand that if we don't have peace, we don't have happiness. But what is peace and how do you get it? That's what this lesson is about.
1 Peace for Happiness
- "Let him who means to love life, and see good days, seek peace and pursue it" (1Peter 3:10-11).
- Have you ever tried to complete a jigsaw puzzle only to find that a piece is missing? Many people cannot complete the great jigsaw puzzle of life because of "the missing peace".
2 The One Way to Peace
- How do you get hold of this peace? The Bible mentions peace 400 times, so one would expect to find the answer there.
- In short, Jesus Christ is the "Prince of Peace" and only through him can we find the "peace that goes beyond understanding." (Isaiah 9:6, Philippians 4:6-8).
- To have true peace, and thus true happiness, we must believe in Jesus and follow him. We can then draw on his peace through prayer and meditation on his word (Colossians 3:15).
3 The Nature of Peace
- Peace is reconciliation (2Corinthians 5:18-20, Ro 5:8-11).
- Peace is fellowship (1Corinthians 1:9, 1John 1:3).
- Peace is unity (Ephesians 4:1-3, 1Corinthians 1:10).
- Peace is assurance (Hebrews 6:11, 2Timothy 1:12).
- Peace is contentment (Philippians 4:11, 1Timothy 6:6-8).