Author: Ron Graham
Put All Your Trust in Jesus
—And believe that he cares
There is one sure way to be happy, and that's to believe in Jesus —to the extent that you put all your trust and faith in him. You can believe in yourself, trust your friends, and have faith in principles such as democracy.
There's no harm in such trust, up to a point. However those things are not the be-all-and-end-all. They don't assure you of happiness. Jesus does —and he is completely trustworthy.
1 Give Up Trusting Yourself
- "...not to be conceited or trust in uncertain riches" (1Timothy 6:17-19).
- The rich fool and "consider the lilies" (Luke 12:15-34).
2 Believe That Jesus Cares
- "Cast all your anxiety upon him" (1Peter 5:7).
- "All things work together for good" (Romans 8:28).
3 Trust That Jesus is Unconquerable
- "Greater is he" (1John 4:4).
- "This is the victory... our faith" (1John 5:4).
- "The last enemy to be destroyed..." (1Corinthians 15:25-26).
- "Who shall separate us... we are more than conquerors" (Romans 8:35-39).
4 Trust in Prayer
- "The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much" (James 5:16b).
- "Men ought always to pray and not lose heart" (Luke 18:1).