Author: Ron Graham
Facts About Jeremiah
—A simple list
Jeremiah the Prophet
- A prophet in Jerusalem at the time of the seige and destruction by the Babylonians.
- Author of the book of Jeremiah in the Old Testament scriptures.
- Named Jeremias and Jeremy in the King James New Testament.
- Contemporary with the kings of Judah named Josiah, Jehoahaz, Jehoiakim, Jehoiachin (Coniah), Zedekiah.
- Jeremiah dealt with the false prophet Hananiah (Jeremiah 28).
- Jeremiah was mistreated by just about everybody, even his own people.
- The temple chief had Jeremiah beaten and put in the stocks (Jeremiah 20:1-2)
- His countrymen tried to have him executed (Jeremiah 26)
- Jehoiakim burned the scroll that Jeremiah sent him (Jeremiah 36)
- He was thrown down a well and left to die (Jeremiah 38)
- He was accused of telling lies to those who consulted him (Jeremiah 43:2).
- Jeremiah bought a field although the land was enemy-occupied (Jeremiah 33)
- Jeremiah’s writings include the promise of a new covenant (Jeremiah 33:31-33)