Author: Ron Graham
Verses About Life
—A simple list
- You do not know what tomorrow will bring. For what is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes (James 4:14).
- The days of our lives are seventy years, for those who are strong perhaps eighty years; yet their span is but toil and trouble; our days are soon gone, and we fly away (Psalm 90:10).
- If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most miserable. (1Corinthians 15:19).
- To those who by patience in well-doing, seek for glory and honor and immortality, God will give eternal life (Romans 2:7).
- His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence (2 Peter 1:3).
- Blessed are those who persevere under trial because, having stood the test, they will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him (James 1:12).
- I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live —yet not I, but Christ lives in me; and the life that I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me (Galatians 2:20).
- In him was life, and the life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it (John 1:4-5).
- When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life" (John 8:12).
- Jesus is able to save completely those that come to God by him, because he ever lives to make intercession for them (Hebrews 7:25).
- I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, even though he die, yet shall he live (John 11:25).
- Then the angel showed me a river of the water of life. It was as clear as crystal. The river flowed from the throne of God and of the Lamb. It flowed down the middle of the city’s main street. On either side of the river stood a tree of life, producing twelve kinds of fruit and yielding a fresh crop for each month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. (Revelation 22:1-2).
- I urge you brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God. This is your reasonable service (Romans 12:1).
- By this we know love, because Jesus laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren (1John 3:16).
- Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for everlasting life (John 12:25).
- Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace (Romans 8:5-6).
- So what shall we say? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? Of course not! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life (Romans 6:1-4).
- Unless one is born again, one cannot see the kingdom of God (John 3:5).
- I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? (Matthew 6:25).
- For what will you profit, if you gain the whole world and lose your own soul? What will you give in exchange for your soul? (Mark 8:36-37).
- I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread (Psalm 37:25).
- Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind (Ecclesiastes 12:13).
- God has told you O man what is good, and what the Lord requires of you. It is simply to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God (Micah 6:8).
- For we live by faith, not by sight (2Corinthians 5:7).