Author: Ron Graham
Bible Maxims (1)
Here's a list of Bible maxims. Just a neat simple selection (in no particular order) for your edification. A maxim is a brief pithy expression of some general principle or rule of conduct.
Bible Maxims — List 1
- "Let God be true and every man a liar" (Romans 3:4).
- "The just shall live by faith" (Habakkuk 2:4).
- "Surely I am coming quickly" (Revelation 22:20).
- "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me" (Galatians 2:20).
- "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men" (Luke 2:14).
- "Love never fails" (1Corinthians 13:8).
- "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" (Genesis 1:1).
- "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1).
- "There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death" (Proverbs 14:12,16:25).
- "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6).
- "Be wise as serpents and harmless as doves" (Matthew 10:16).
- "Speaking the truth in love, you may grow up into Christ who is the Head" (Ephesians 4:15).
- "There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is above all. and through all, and in you all" (Ephesians 4:4-5).
- "All speak the same thing and let there be no divisions among you but be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment" (1Corinthians 1:10).
- "Eat honey my son for it is good... so shall the knowledge of wisdom be to your soul" (Proverbs 24:13=14).
- "Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God" (Philippians 4:6).
- "Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing" (1Thessalonians 5:17).
- "Do not grow weary in welldoing, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart" (Galatians 6:9; 2Thessalonians 3:13).
- "Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many" (Hebrews 10:28).
- "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8).
Copyright on print