Author: Ron Graham
Bible Maxims (2)
Here's a list of Bible maxims. Just a neat simple selection (in no particular order) for your edification. A maxim is a brief pithy expression of some general principle or rule of conduct.
Bible Maxims — List 2
- "Do not be deceived. Bad company corrupts good character" (1Corinthians 15:33).
- "The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil" (1Timothy 6:10).
- "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have" (Hebrews 13:5).
- "Godliness with contentment is great gain" (1Timothy 6:6).
- "We brought nothing into this world and we cannot carry anything out of it" (1Timothy 6:6-7).
- "Beware of false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly they are ravenous wolves" (Matthew 7:15).
- "Leave trhem alone. They are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into the ditch" (Matthew 15:14).
- "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path" (Psalm 119:105).
- "The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want" (Psalm 23:1ß).
- "The LORD is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life. Of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 27:1; Hebrews 13:6).
- "Do not let sin reign in your mortal body to make you obey its passions" (Romans 6:12).
- "A little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough" (Galatians 5:9; 1Corinthians 5:6).
- "A tree is known by its fruits" (Matthew 12:33).
- "Everyone who exalts himself shall be humnled, and he who humbles himself shall be exalted" (Luke 18:14).
- "By your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned" (Matthew 13:37).
- "In Christ dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily, and you are complete in him" (Colossians 2:9).
- "All things were created through him and for him; and he is before all things; and in him all things consist" (Colossians 1:16-17).
- "To him who loved us and washed us from our sins in his own blood, and has made us kings and priests to his God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever, Amen." (Revelation 1:5-6).
- "Behold, he is coming with clouds, and every eye will see him, even they who pierced him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of him. Even so, Amen." (Revelation 1:7).
- "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is man’s all" (Ecclesiastes 12:13 NKJV).
Copyright on print