Author: Ron Graham
Bible Maxims (4)
—About the church
Here's a list of Bible maxims. Just a neat simple selection for your edification. These maxims are about the church of Christ.
Bible Maxims — List 4
- "On this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it" (Matthew 16:18 NKJV).
- "There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling" (Ephesians 4:4 NKJV).
- "And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent" (Colossians 1:18 ESV).
- "The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone" (Psalm 118:22 NKJV).
- "...built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the cornerstone. In Him the whole building is fitted together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord..." (Ephesians 2:20-21 BSB).
- "...Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her to sanctify her, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word...">(Ephesians 5:25-27 BSB).
- "...and to present her to Himself as a glorious church, without stain or wrinkle or any such blemish, but holy and blameless..." (Ephesians 5:25-27 BSB).
- "Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband" (Revelation 21:2 NKJV).
- "Say to Daughter Zion: See, your Savior comes! Look, His reward is with Him, and His recompense goes before Him. And they will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of The LORD; and you will be called Sought Out, A City Not Forsaken." (Isaiah 62:12).
- "Now it shall come to pass in the latter days That the mountain of the LORD’s house Shall be established on the top of the mountains, And shall be exalted above the hills; And all nations shall flow to it" (Isaiah 2:2 NKJV).
- "...know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, a pillar and buttress of the truth" (1Timothy 3:15 ESV).
- "“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep" (John 10:11 NKJV).
- "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me" (John 10:27 NIV).
- "...and when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away" (1 Peter 5:4 NKJV).
- "Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood" (Acts 20:28 NKJV).
- "My kingdom is not of this world" (John 18:36 ESV).
- "Yes, He shall build the temple of the LORD. He shall bear the glory, And shall sit and rule on His throne; So He shall be a priest on His throne, And the counsel of peace shall be between them both" (Zechariah 6:13 NKJV).
- "[Jesus Christ] has made us kings and priests to His God and Father; to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen." (Revelation 1:6 NKLJV).
- "Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus," (Hebrews 3:1 NKJV).
- "Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession." (Hebrews 4:14 NKJV).
Copyright on print