Author: Ron Graham
Why Doesn't God Heal Me?
—Is it my fault
Many Christians suffer illness and disability. Some ask why Jesus doesn't heal them.
1 Is it because Jesus cannot heal?
- Jesus was able to heal any sickness (Matthew 8:14-17; 11:4-5).
- He still can. He's the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8).
2 Is it because the sufferers don't have faith?
- Some were healed by their own faith (Mark 5:34).
- Some were healed without faith on their part (Acts 3:5-6,16).
- Some were not healed even though they had faith (1Timothy 5:23).
3 Is it because the sufferers have sinned?
- Sin is not always behind suffering. Example: man born blind (John 9:1-3 ).
4 Is it because Satan holds sway?
- We have been translated out of his domain (Colossians 1:12-14).
5 Is it because we are not a charismatic church?
- They have just as many unhealed people as non-charismatic churches do.
6 Is it because God isn't always willing to heal?
- God claimed that he makes us as we are (Exodus 4:10-11).
- The clay cannot say to the potter, "Why?" (Isaiah 45:9).
- God may have reasons not to heal our "thorns" (2Corinthians 12:7-10).
Copyright on print