Author: Ron Graham
Quizzes and Puzzles
This page continues to study Matthew chapter 6 and the Sermon on the Mount, presenting puzzles and quizzes for your enjoyment in learning.
|C R O S S W O R D|
|By Ron Graham (C) 2013|
Guess the missing words in each statement. A missing word is indicated by brackets, and the word’s place in the puzzle is given.
- Treasure in heaven —not pleasure from [ 7 Down ].
- Heart in heaven —not [ 1 Down ] for money.
- [ 4 Across ] [ 5 Down ] —not serving mammon.
- Giving [ 6 Across ] —not owing [ 8 Across ].
- Trust God’s providence —not [ 2 Down ].
- Seeking God’s [ 11 Across ] —not seeking riches.
- Things [ 3 Down ] —not things easily lost.
- When you pray [ 5 Across ] [ 10 Across ] to a secret place —not “seen by men”.
- Worry? We should [ 9 Down* ] —not let it spoil our lives.
- God forgives [ 10 Down* ] forgive —not if you don't.
* two words together.
1D=greed, 2D=money, 3D=everlasting, 4A=serving, 5A=go, 5D=God, 6A=alms, 7D=sin, 8A=debt, 9D=endit, 10D=ifyou, 11A=kingdom
2 Quick Quest
Read the question, decide the answer you think is most correct, then press the button to check your answer
1. Who are the lords and masters that Jesus mentions? (A) God and Mammon, (B) God and Magus, or (C) Gog and Magog.
2. What did Jesus call the lamp of the body? (A) the head, (B) the eye, (C) a smile.
3. Where should we save up treasure? (A) the bank, (B) Heaven, (C) underground.
4. What should we not be anxious about? (A) food, (B) clothing, (C) tomorrow, (D) all of those.
1. (A) God and Mammon; 2. (B) the eye; 3. (B) Heaven; 4. (D) All of those
3 Heads and Tails
Eleven words in Matthew 6 are broken into two parts, heads and tails, below. Join the heads and tails to make the eleven words.
The heads: HYPO, SYNA, TRUM, TEMP, TREA, ANX, KING, FORG, TRANS, SOLO, TOM.
The tails: MON, CRITES, ORROW, IVE, TATION, SURE, GOGUES, GRESSIONS, IOUS, DOM, PET.
hypocrite, synagogues, trumpet, temptation, treasure, anxious, kingdom, forgive, transgressions, Solomon, tomorrow.
4 Crack the Code
Replace numbers in the codes below with letters to make words found in Matthew 6. The numbers represent the verse in Matthew 6 where the word will be found.
For example, if the code were b26ns you would look in verse 26 for a word to match . If you replaced the digit 2 with the letter a, and the 6 with r, that would make “barns” and crack the code.
19rth, dri25, lig22, see5, f30th, w17h, e13l, 26rds, r20t, n32d, f17e.
(1) earth, (2) drink, (3) light, (4) seen, (5) faith, (6) wash, (7) evil, (8) birds, (9) rust, (10) need, (11) face.