Author: Ron Graham
Quizzes and Puzzles
This page continues to study Matthew chapter 7 and the Sermon on the Mount, presenting puzzles and quizzes for your enjoyment in learning.
1 Crossword Puzzle
The words and ideas in this puzzle are drawn from Matthew 7
|C R O S S W O R D|
|By Ron Graham (C) 2013|
1A=do, 1D=dismay, 2A=find, 3D=digging, 4D=we, 5A=seeking, 6D=knocking, 7A=abhor, 8D=beat on, 9A=ye, 10A=asking, 11D=no, 12A=hound, 12D=heap, 13D=daily, 14D=few, 15A=en, 16A=gate, 17D=law, 18A=pearls.
2 Quick Quest
In which verses of Matthew 7 do you find the items below? Give a verse for each item.
a log, a fire, pearls, floods, a stone, a snake, swine, demons, a gate, a speck, wolves, dogs, thistles, fruit, a fish, a rock,
A log verse 4, a fire verse 19, pearls verse 6, floods verse 25 or 27 a stone verse 9, a snake verse 10, swine verse 6, demons verse 22, a gate verse 13 or 14, a speck verse 3 of 4, wolves verse 15, dogs verse 6, thistles verse 16, fruit verse 16 etc, a fish verse 10, a rock verse 24 or 25.
3 Complete the Quotes
Complete these quotes from Matthew 7.
1. Do not _ _ _ _ _ lest you also be _ _ _ _ _ _
2. _ _ _ and it shall be _ _ _ _ _ to you
3. Not everyone who _ _ _ _ to me 'Lord, Lord' will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who _ _ _ _ the will of my Father in heaven
4. He was _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ as one having _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
5. You will _ _ _ _ them by their _ _ _ _ _ _
6. I never _ _ _ _ you, _ _ _ _ _ _ from me...
7. Do not give what is _ _ _ _ to the _ _ _ _
1. judge...judged, 2. ask...given, 3. says...does, 4. teaching...authority, 5. know...fruits, 6. knew...depart, 7.holy...dogs.
There are three frames below. Each has two 3-letter words across and two 4-letter words down. But obviously some of the letters are missing, and there are numbers where the letters should be. Each number is a verse in Matthew 7, where the word you have to complete will be found or at least a word close to it in meaning. Oops! One word in the puzzle is backwards. That’s BAD, isn’t it?
The words are: log, like, eye, gate, bad*, dogs, sin, barn, see, sand, day, easy. *That's the word spelled backwards.