Author: Ron Graham
Quizzes and Puzzles
This page continues to study Matthew chapter 5 and the Sermon on the Mount, presenting puzzles and quizzes for your enjoyment in learning.
1 Crossword Puzzle
|C R O S S W O R D|
|By Ron Graham (C) 2013|
1A=tat, 1D=the second mile, 2A=tax, 2D=to, 3D=a tittle, 4A=jot, 4D=Jerusalem, 5A=spirit, 6A=closely, 7A=noble, 8D=ever, 9D=unjust, 10A=even, 11A=me, 12A=I do, 13D=out, 14A=entreat.
2 Quick Quest
1. What was Jesus coming to fulfill?
2. What is true of a city set on a hill?
3. What should be said without swearing?
4. Don't turn away from one who wants your help —in what way?
5. We are to be ------- as God is. What's the missing word?
6. What is the wrong way to look on a woman?
7. For what should one hunger and thirst?
8. Who will be called sons of God?
9. What is called God’s footstool?
1. the law, 2. it cannot be hidden, 3. yes and no, 4. to borrow from you, 5. perfect, 6. with lust, 7. righteousness, 8. the peacemakers, 9. the earth.
3 Inherit the Kingdom
This article has some words missing. Can you fill them in?
The beatitudes (Matthew 5) contain promises such as "they shall inherit the 1._______", "they shall see 2.______", "they shall be called the 3._______ of God", "theirs is the 4.___________ of Heaven".
These promises refer to the gift of eternal 5.________ in the "new heavens and new earth" (2Peter 3:13) which is a place of wondrous glory (Revelation 21).
Jesus taught that all who 6.__________ and obey his words will inherit that glorious heavenly kingdom. Christ's followers "by perseverance in doing 7.__________ seek for glory and honor and 8.___________ —eternal life" (Romans 2:7).
They "consider the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the 9._________ that shall be revealed" (Romans 8:18).
The burdens we bear now, are light when weighed in the balances against God's promises. "For momentary light affliction is producing in us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison" (2Corinthians 4:16-18).
If we as Christians faithfully and courageously endure suffering, we glorify the 10._____________ of Christ (1Peter 4:16) and God will one day glorify us, for he has made us his 11.__________ and "our citizenship is in heaven" (Philippians 3:20).
1. earth, 2. God, 3. sons, 4. kingdom, 5. life, 6. believe, 7. good, 8. immortality, 9. glory, 10. name, 11. heirs.