Author: Ron Graham
This page continues to study Matthew chapter 5 and the Sermon on the Mount, presenting puzzles and quizzes for your enjoyment in learning.
The seven words in this puzzle all start with P or M, so you should only do this puzzle in the afternoon. (PM —get it?). Click on any square to reveal its letter. This allows you to receive a clue at the cost of one point, or to confirm your guesses. The words are in the beatitudes. Your score is 50, reduced by 1 for each letter you couldn’t guess.
|C R O S S W O R D|
|By Ron Graham (C) 2013|
ANSWERS: poor, persecuted, pure, meek, peacemakers, mourn, merciful.
In which verse of Matthew 5 does each line appear?
1. You shall not commit adultery.
2. Let your light so shine.
3. Give to him who asks of you.
4. Let your yes be yes and your no be no.
5. Blessed are the merciful.
6. Love your enemies.
7. Agree with your adversary quickly.
8. You are the salt of the earth.
9. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad.
10. First be reconciled to your brother.
1. verse 27, 2. verse 16, 3. verse 42, 4. verse 37, 5. verse 7, 6. verse 44, 7. verse 25, 8. verse 13, 9. verse 12, 10. verse 24.
Replace numbers in the codes below with letters to make four-letter words (not the bad kind of course). The numbers represent verses in Matthew 5.
Example: b39y = body (Look in verse 39).
(1) poor, (2) sons, (3) salt, (4) love, (5) meek, (6) city, (7) pure, (8) hell, (9) rain, (10) lust, (11) give.