Author: Ron Graham
This page continues to study Matthew chapter 5 and the Sermon on the Mount, presenting puzzles and quizzes for your enjoyment in learning.
|C R O S S W O R D|
|By Ron Graham (C) 2013|
1. Asks for a loan
3. Don't be ----- without just cause
6. Being sinful in the heart
7. Better for one of your members to perish than for your ----- body to be cast into hell.
9. In some ways Jesus is ------- than Moses
10. One of the evil things that revilers say to you
11. Word that begins each of nine consecutive verses of Matthew 5
2. Hunger and thirst for it, be persecuted for the sake of it
4. Lamp light for --- who are in the house
5. In the past
7. Those who incur God’s wrath will be cast into hell
8. Another word for sons of God
1A=borrows, 2D=righteousness,3A=angry, 4D=all, 5D=ago,6A=lusting, 7A=whole, 7D=wrath, 8D=elect, 9A=harsher, 10A=threats, 11A=blessed.
In which verse of Matthew 5 do you find each word? Also decide whether the action, in that context, is considered good or bad.
ANSWERS: 11~bad, 12~good, 23~good, 25~good, 17~bad, 22~bad, 39~bad, 24~good.
Find ten words in Matthew 5:21-26 of four or more letters. Endings like “ing” may be omitted. Words go across or down. No diagonals, reverses, or corners in this puzzle.
ANSWERS: adversary, altar, angry, brother, cause, danger, judge, offer, opponent, prison, raca, reconcile
How many different words can you find in Matthew 5 that contain “oo” (double-o)?
ANSWERS: 5 words — poor, fool, footstool, tooth, good.