Author: Ron Graham
Quiz on Ephesians
Here's a Bible study quiz for you on Ephesians chapter 5. The Bible questions are generally not trivia. Rather they help you to learn the message of the scripture.
For multiple choice questions, find the BEST answer. For other questions, if your answer is worded differently, but has the same meaning, then it is correct. A verse number or note with the answer is for your information. It is not required in your answer.
Ephesians chapter 5
1. In verse 1, why should we imitate God and walk in love?
2. In verse 2, why does Paul say that God found the sacrifice of Christ "sweet"?
3. In verses 3 and 4, Paul says that Christians should not only avoid fornication and other evil, but "let it not even be named among you". Compare that with verse 12, "It is shameful even to ----- of those things which are done by them in secret." What is the missing word?
4. In verses 3-4, what does Paul consider fitting or appropriate for Christians? (A) Strictly no immorality, (B) No foolish talk and coarse jesting [about immorality], (C) No covetousness or immoral craving, (D) Giving of thanks, (E) Behaving as holy people (saints), (F) All of those.
5. What is another reason Paul forbids immorality? (Verses 5,6,7).
6. In verse 6, what kind of words do deceivers use to make an evil thing seem good?
7. In verses 7 and 11, Paul makes two similar statements. What are they?
8. In verse 8, Paul speaks of darkness and light. What sort of darkness and what sort of light?
9. In verses 8-10, what do we find out or discover when we "walk as children of light"?
10. In discussing the children of light, Paul states a maxim about the Holy Spirit. What does Paul say? (Verse 10).
11. In verses 10 and 11, Paul compares the fruit of the Spirit with things unfruitful. What are they?
12. In verse 13, What does the light of Christ have the power to do?
13. The quote in verse 14 speaks of those who are asleep and who need to wake up. It also says they are dead and need to rise up. What death is this referring to? (A) Death of the body, (B) Death in sin, (C) Death of Christ.
14. According to verses 15-16, what does it mean to walk as children of light?
15. In verse 17, Paul contrasts two opposite frames of mind. What are they?
16. In verse 18, Paul says to be filled with a blessing. What is that particular blessing? (A) Light, (B) Wine, (C) water, (D) the Spirit, (E) Wisdom.
17. In verse 19 Paul mentions singing of psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. In doing this, with what instrument does one make melody?
18. In verse 20, what should the Christian be doing always?
19. According to verse 20, how is it possible for a lowly human to speak in prayer directly to the Father in heaven, Almighty God?
20. Regarding verse 21, in what attitude do Christians submit to one another?
21. In verses 22-33, to what does Paul compare the relationship between husband and wife?
22. In verse 23, Paul mentions two things that Christ is to the church. What are they?
23. In verse 25, what is required of the husband regarding his wife?
24. In verses 25-27, what does Christ do for his church by virtue of his loving sacrifice? (A) Sanctifies her, makes her holy (B) Cleanses her, (C) Makes her glorious, (D) Makes her without blemish, (E) All of those.
25. Verse 26 says that Christ cleanses the church. What with?
26. In verse 27, what kind of church does Christ present to himself?
27. In verses 28-33, how should a husband love his wife?
28. In verses 30-33, Paul has in mind three bodies. Can you identify them?
29. According to verse 30, what are Christians members of?
30. What is required of a husband so that his wife can respect him? (Verse 33).