Author: Ron Graham
Quiz on Ephesians
Here's a Bible study quiz for you on Ephesians chapter 6. The Bible questions are generally not trivia. Rather they help you to learn the message of the scripture.
For multiple choice questions, find the BEST answer. For other questions, if your answer is worded differently, but has the same meaning, then it is correct. A verse number or note with the answer is for your information. It is not required in your answer.
Ephesians chapter 6
1. In verses 1-3, what is the promise attached to the commandment "Honour your father and mother"?.
2. In verses 1 and 2, what meaning does Paul give to the commandment “Honour your father and your mother”?.
3. According to verse 4, how should a father treat his children?(A) Train them to do right, (B) Counsel them with the Lord's word, (C) Do not make them angry, (D) All three of those."
4. In verses 5-8, What attitudes make a slave's life worth living? (A) Willing obedience, (B) Strong fear of doing wrong, (C) Sincerity in heart, (D) Doing service as to the Lord and not merely to please men, (E) Serving with good will, (F) Looking for a reward from Jesus, (F) All of the above attitudes.
5. According to verse 9, how should masters treat their slaves?
6. What is a common English word spelled with seven consonants and only one vowel. It is something everyone must have through Christ (Verse 10).
7. What is the source of the Christian's strength? (Verse 10)
8. According to verse 11, the Christian is to put something on. What is it?
9. According to verse 11, why does God provide us with spiritual armour?
10. According to verse 12, what does every Christian have to fight against? (A) Flesh and blood, (B) Principalities and powers, (C) Rulers of darkness, (D) Spiritual hosts of wickedness, (E) All the above.
11. Verse 13 repeats verse 11. What is God helping his people to do in the face of great evil? (A) To flee, (B) To hide, (C) To stand, (D) To surrender, (E) To laugh.
12. With what do you gird your waist? (Verse 14).
13. What do you wear as a breastplate? (Verse 14)
14. What do you wear on your feet? (Verse 15).
15. What do you use as your shield? (Verse 16)
16. What does the shield enable you to do? (Verse 16)
17. What do you wear on your head? (Verse 17)
18. What do you use for your sword? (Verse 17)
19. What do you do at all times to gain victory in your fight? (Verse 18).
20. What should you do along with your prayers as you fight the good fight? (Verse 18)
21. What was Pau's goal? (A) To be given utterance, (B) To open his mouth boldly, (C) To make known the mystery of the gospel, (D) To be an ambassador for Christ, (E) All of the above (Verse 19,20).
22. According to verse 20, How did Paul want to speak when preaching the gospel?
23. Why was Paul sending Tychicus to the Ephesian Christians? (Verses 21,22)
24. How did Paul describe Tychicus? (Verse 21).
25. What four blessings did Paul mention in his benediction? (Verses 23,24).
26. Who would bestow the blessings in the benediction? (Verse 23).
27. Who receives grace? (Verse 24).
28. What is the opposite of hypocrisy? (Verse 24).
29. Paul often calls our Lord (the Son of God) “Jesus Christ” or “Christ Jesus”. Does Paul consider Jesus and Christ to be two different persons or one and the same? (Verse 24).
30. What is the last word in the letter to the Ephesians?