Author: Ron Graham
What Must I Do?
—The “Six Steps” chart
This series of lessons is called "What Must I Do?" We are talking about what we need to do in order to have forgiveness of sins and and eternal life. We show the six steps any sinner must take in order to have eternal life.
There would be absolutely nothing we could do to save ourselves, had God not done his own wonderful work for our salvation. He did what we could not possibly do, and without him we could do nothing.
Because God sent his Son Jesus Christ to teach us and to become the only possible sacrifice for us, therefore we can, with the help of God, do what Jesus commands us. Let's be glad that God in his grace and mercy has given us the opportunity to take these steps, and let us gladly do them.
The scriptures are very clear not only about what God has done for us in order for us to be saved, but also about what we must do to the same end. None of these steps is optional. Each is essential.
Please study the chart carefully and read the scriptures cited. Then, for a fuller study, read the individual lessons.
Six Steps to Grace
The words of Paul in Romans (and his agreement with Jesus in the gospels) on what people should do to receive grace.
1. Hearing Christ’s word (Romans 10:8-17, Matthew 7:24).
2. Believing —having faith (Romans 1:16-17, John 3:16).
3. Repentance from sin (Romans 2:4-5, Romans 6:1-2, Luke 5:31-32).
4. Confessing Christ (Romans 10:8-10, Matthew 10:32).
5. Being baptized into Christ’s death (Romans 6:3-4, Mark 16:15-16).
6. Ongoing commitment (Romans 12:1-2, Romans 12:11-12, Luke 9:62).