Author: Ron Graham
Times of Israel
The Times of Israel chart helps you to see at a glance where Bible books and characters fit into the twelve periods. The chart is divided into three parts; this is the first.
Times of Israel (Periods 1-4)
Time ~ 1. Promises to Abraham
Books ~ Genesis
Figures ~ Abraham Isaac Jacob
Begins with ~ God’s call to Abram
Time ~ 2. Bondage in Egypt
Books ~ Genesis
Figures ~ Joseph
Begins with ~ Jacob’s family settling in Egypt
Time ~ 3. Wandering in the Wilderness
Span ~ 40 years
Books ~ Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
Figures ~ Moses
Begins with ~ Exodus from Egypt across Red Sea
Time ~ 4. Conquest of Canaan
Span ~ 170 years
Books ~ Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1Samuel
Figures ~ Joshua, Samuel
Begins with ~ Entry into promised Land across Jordan
Information about the chart
- Chart 1 (above) charts the early times and formative period prior to the kingdom of Israel.
- Chart 2 details the rise and fall of the earthly kingdom including the kingdom of David, Solomon's reign, the empire's division and fall, and the remnant rebuilt.
- Chart 3 covers the latter days including the Messiah's coming and the establishment of his worldwide heavenly kingdom.
- The Time heading is a link to the first lesson in the set dealing with that time.
- The Figures line lists a few of the great people of the Bible in that time slot, but of course this list is by no means complete.
- The Begins With line gives you a marker event that occurs at the beginning of each period. Of course there are many other important occasions in the Times of Israel, but the events in the chart are those which occur where one period ends and another begins.