Author: Ron Graham
Hard to Hear (1)
—Sometimes God’s Truth Hurts
We present more hard sayings, teaching in the Bible that people find hard to hear and difficult to believe. This page is about faith and baptism...
Faith and Baptism
Many will agree that faith brings one into Christ, but they will deny that baptism also brings us into Christ. Paul believed both propositions. (Galatians 3:26-29).
One, not Many
Why are there so many different beliefs, when the Bible says there is one faith?
Six Steps to Grace
The words of Paul in Romans (and his agreement with Jesus in the gospels) on what people should do to receive grace.
1. Hearing Christ’s word (Romans 10:8-17, Matthew 7:24).
2. Believing —having faith (Romans 1:16-17, John 3:16).
3. Repentance from sin (Romans 2:4-5, Romans 6:1-2, Luke 5:31-32).
4. Confessing Christ (Romans 10:8-10, Matthew 10:32).
5. Being baptized into Christ’s death (Romans 6:3-4, Mark 16:15-16).
6. Ongoing commitment (Romans 12:1-2, Romans 12:11-12, Luke 9:62).
“Let Him Be Accursed”
A curse is a bad thing. Nobody wants one. Well then, we had all better test the gospel we preach with the gospel Paul preached. Is there an exact match? Or is there a difference?
Being Born Again
By faith in Christ Jesus we are able to be born again. We die to sin, crucified with Him. We are buried with Him. We are raised with Him to walk in new life. This all takes place through baptism (Romans 6).